Monday 20 June 2011

getting into the Word

i suspect i'm not the only one who is 'too busy to read my Bible.' as an early riser, i've found a great way to go back to sleep is to try to read a chapter or two in the Bible. it's also a great way to go to sleep at night. yes, i know that isn't the purpose of the whole devotions idea, but my rationale is 'at least my mind is on Christ as i fall asleep.' i think God is okay with that. we haven't had any discussion otherwise. anyway, enough of the rabbit trails.

i happened upon a handy little tool that has fed me a verse a day for the last few weeks. here's the address: http://www.theverseoftheday.info/, then click on subscribe. i love it! each morning, i get a verse to read, a name of God and thought for the day, and (my favorite) a trivia question. i think it's the best subscription i've come upon!

check it out & if you have any other websites like it, please do let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment