Saturday 7 May 2011

A Sprained Ankle and Contemplations

the last thing I did for morning chores today was sprain my ankle. i stepped off the last stair onto uneven gravel and crashed to my knees. wow... i haven't had pain like that since high school! anyway, it's gotten me thinking about how everything is in God's hands. we like to blame people most of the time, but really, when it all goes back to the One who orchestrates our life, He has everything in control. situations will change us, if we let them. I prefer to use life frustrations as stepping stones, not millstones.

one of the books I've grown to love is "Green Leaf in Drought-Time" by Isobel Kuhn. one of the great things she writes is a lesson learned by missionaries Wilda & Arthur Mathews behind the Red Curtain in China. they learned 'four anchors' from Andrew Murray. these are:

1. say, He brought me here. it is by His will I am in this strait place and in that fact I will rest.
2. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child.
3. Then He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends for me to learn.
4. In His good time He can bring me out again--how and when He knows. So let me say, I am (1) here by God's appointment; (2) in His keeping; (3) under His training; (4) for His time.

**you should read the book. it's a bit of a tough go, but so many, many amazing things for us to glean**

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I get to read what you write hopefully on a regular basis!
    Ouch your ankle! Do you need anything?

    ReplyDelete